1. Choose the right basic resin for extruded plastic channel :
Ultra-high molecular weight polyethylene (UHMWPE) is usually one of the most wear-resistant plastic materials. Choosing UHMWPE can easily improve the wear resistance of the material. In addition, plastic strips with high crystallinity and high regularity are more wear-resistant, plastics with high hardness are more wear-resistant, and plastics composed of macromolecules like benzene rings are less wear-resistant, such as polystyrene. In the modification of polypropylene (PP), polyolefin elastomer (POE), ethylene propylene diene rubber (EPDM), thermoplastic dynamic vulcanization rubber (TPV) (such as dynamic vulcanization PP/EPDM) are usually used to toughen PP. The addition of the body will generally lead to a decrease in scratch resistance. Therefore, it is very important to choose a suitable elastomer. The order of comparison of scratch resistance between them is as follows: TPV>EPDM>POE.
2. Use filters with good wear resistance for plastic channel trim
(1) Molybdenum disulfide: Molybdenum disulfide is a wear-resistant additive mainly used for nylon plastics. Molybdenum disulfide acts as a crystallization agent to increase the crystallinity of nylon and make nylon material produce a harder and more wear-resistant surface.
(2) Graphite: The chemical structure of graphite makes it easy for graphite molecules to slide against each other when subjected to a small frictional force. This kind of wear resistance is especially important in a water environment, so graphite is an ideal wear resistance additive Used for many parts placed in water, such as water paving shells, impellers, and value seals.
(3) Glass fiber: Glass fiber can form a strong mechanical bond between polymers, so glass fiber can improve the integrity of the thermoplastic strip structure and improve wear resistance. The reinforcement provided by glass fiber can improve the thermal conductivity and thermal deformation of the plastic, and can significantly improve the load and wear resistance of the plastic.
(4) Carbon fiber: Similar to the case of glass fiber, carbon fiber can greatly improve the integrity of the material structure, load resistance and wear resistance. Carbon fiber is a softer and less scratchy fiber that will not scratch and rub against it. The friction surface of iron or steel.
(5) Aromatic polyamide fiber: It is the softest and least scratch-free fiber. This feature is the main advantage of aromatic polyamide fiber in wear-resistant applications.
3. Add suitable anti-wear additives for plastic channel strips
(1) Polytetrafluoroethylene (PTFE): The friction coefficient of PTFE is very low, and PTFE molecules will form a lubricating film on the surface of the part during the friction process. PTFE plastic strips have good lubricity and wear resistance under friction. In high-load applications, PTFE is the best wear-resistant additive.
(2) Polysiloxane: Polysiloxane liquid is a migratory wear-resistant additive. When added to thermoplastics, the additive will slowly migrate to the surface of the part and form a continuous film.
(3) Smoothing agents: such as oleic acid amide, erucamide, and other smoothing agents, when they are added to thermoplastics, they will migrate to the surface of the part to produce a wax layer, which reduces the friction coefficient and also reduces the scratch The disadvantage of the visibility of the trace is that it cannot completely improve the surface stickiness.