In October, we got an inquiry for ABS rigid plastic profile black color with a tight tolerance chart. This rigid plastic profile section is made for building construction. After studying the drawings and tolerance, this section profile for glass locking is quite complex with several corners. Our sales team and plastic extrusion techniques work together and succeed in finalizing this project this week with full shipment loading.
1. Material selection: Our plastic extrusion technologist examines the drawing and sees what proper material resin is the best suited to meet the tolerance. It is very difficult to meet the tolerance if using ABS since ABS has certain shrinkage, which makes the dimension uncontrollable. So we recommend PVC. One reason is that PVC is the most economic material. Another is PVC can be extruded with hard and complex shapes. The customer agrees to our suggestions with PVC resin to make this glass locking plastic profile.
2. Plastic Extrusion Technique: As we know there are generally 2 extrusion techniques to make the plastic profiles rigid and soft. We select the best production process, as we have various types of extruders and the necessary know-how to process many types of raw materials.For this customized PVC rigid profile, we recommend a cold extrusion process based on the below technical advantage.
What is cold extrusion?
Cold extrusion is the process done at room temperature or slightly elevated temperatures. This process can be used for most materials-subject to designing robust enough tooling that can withstand the stresses created by extrusion.
The advantage of this cold extrusion techniques?
- The high force required.
- Product is accomplished with strain hardening, good rigidity but poor toughness
- Cold Extrusion is widely used in the production of plastic tubes and hollow pipes.
- This process is used to produce frames, doors, windows,s, etc. in automotive industries with complex cross-section structures.
Here we show more rigid PVC profiles with the cold extrusion techniques
Additionally, the customer is very sensitive to manufacturing costs, so based on our technology and industrial experience, the customer accepts the cold extrusion.
Custom-made Cartons for special-care packaging layout
We still have some problems with the shipment. In consideration of transportation safety to avoid carton broken, we suggest the cut length to be 2 meters for both air shipment and ocean shipment.
Cartons with made to order to suit the product shape.
For customized profile production with 3000meters, we can finish in 3 days, every day 1000meters out with automatic cutting tooling to make the out accurate length.
In order for this rigid plastic profile to reach the maximum functional efficiency, it is necessary that the various stages are managed by people with high personal skills and human qualities.
3.Plastic prototype to verify the functionality between the new project and the final product.
We present our extrusion technique and those benefits to get customer approval to start the prototype manufacturing. With expedition, we finished the mold within 7 days and 2 days to ship out the 2 meters samples for customer checking. Here below is the feedback from the customer with great satisfaction: