The plastic Industry often adopts multiple modification methods simultaneously to achieve more mechanical properties. For example, rubber and other toughening agents are added to the plastic reinforcement modification process in order not to lose or too much impact strength; or the physical mixing in the production of thermoplastic vulcanizates (TPV) And chemical cross-linking and so on.
In fact, any plastic raw material contains at least a certain proportion of stabilizers when it leaves the factory to prevent its degradation during storage, transportation, and processing. Therefore, “non-modified plastics” in the strict sense do not exist. However, the basic resin produced in chemical plants is usually referred to as “non-modified plastic” or “pure resin”.
PVC Angle plastic trim – Modification additives
There are types of plastic modification methods for plastic angle trim extrusion parts to achieve more functional ability.
1. Reinforcement: The purpose of increasing the rigidity and strength of the plastic PVC angle trim is achieved by adding fibrous or flake fillers such as glass fiber, carbon fiber, and mica powder, such as glass fiber reinforced nylon used in power tools. We produce quite a lot of PMMA profile lampshade or right angle PVC trim products or PVC panel profiles with high reinforced strengths.
Acrylic LED lighting diffusers
2. Toughening: by adding rubber, thermoplastic elastomer, and other substances to the PVC plastic extrusion to improve its toughness/impact strength, such as toughened polypropylene channels or angle trims commonly used in automobiles, household appliances, and industrial applications. such as cupboard uPVC C channel.
3. Blending: uniformly mixing two or more incompletely compatible polymer materials into a macro-compatible and micro-phase-separated mixture to meet certain requirements on physical and mechanical properties, optical properties, such as Acrylic LED lighting diffusers.
4. Alloy: Similar to blending, but with good compatibility among components, it is easy to form a homogeneous system, and certain properties that cannot be achieved by a single component can be obtained, such as PC/abs alloy or PS. We use PVC+ ABS alloy to achieve the high-temperature resistance up to + 85-celsius degrees.
5. Filling: The purpose of improving physical and mechanical properties or reducing costs is achieved by adding fillers to the plastic.
PVC+ ABS alloy Extrusion Profiles with high-temperature resistance
6. Other modifications: such as using conductive fillers to reduce the electrical resistivity of plastics; adding antioxidants/light stabilizers to improve the weather resistance of the materials; adding pigments/dyes to change the color of the material, adding internal/external lubricants to make the material The processing performance of the semi-crystalline plastic is improved, the nucleating agent is used to change the crystalline characteristics of the semi-crystalline plastic to improve its mechanical and optical properties, etc.
In addition to the above physical modification methods, there are also methods to modify plastics by chemical reactions to obtain specific properties, such as maleic anhydride grafted polyolefin, polyethylene crosslinking, and the use of peroxides in the textile industry. Degrade the resin to improve fluidity/fiber-forming properties, etc.
H.D.Plastic produces many different types of plastic angle trims, angle channel, uPVC trim, PVC edge corner with all customization. Our engineer can modify the material properties by adding functional additives to achieve high features such as anti-aging properties, UV resistant, corrosion-resistant, high strength.